LYNX-DEV Lynx only works within X as 'root'.

From: Russ Ashmun
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx only works within X as 'root'.
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:32:46 -0700 (PDT)

I recently installed Linux on my system, but I'm still a bit new to the
idea of building Linux executables since I've only had Unix access at the
user level until now.  I compiled and installed the source for Lynx 2.7
on my Linux system from the 'root' account with the commands 'make
linux-ncurses' and 'make install'.  It works fine from my linux console
regardless of the user, but when I run it from within the X Window system
it only connects to remote hosts if I'm logged in as 'root'.  (I'm aware
that there are precompiled binaries available, but since this is my first
attempt at a Linux build I'd like get it running smoothly without
depending on the pre-built executable.)

Russ Ashmun

;
;