Re: LYNX-DEV Java and Lynx

From: tz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Java and Lynx
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 22:56:47 -0400

I doubt javascript (which isn't related to java - the OOL) will anytime
soon.  Linux can execute applets directly from the .html files, so it
might be possible to use lynx under linux to run an applet with something
as simple as a series of commands like:

lynx -source http://whatever.com/page.html > /tmp/applet.html
chmod 755 /tmp/applet.html
/tmp/applet.html &
rm /tmp/applet.html

I have only tried java html support once and it worked.  But I haven't
pursued it further.  I have been suffering with parsing tables.

;
;