Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx/PC terminals - help wanted

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx/PC terminals - help wanted
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:19:29 +0100 (BST)

> Finally, after learning that they were intending to use surplus 386 boxes for
> the PC's, and expressing my concerns about the usability of NS in that
> environment, we ended up with a temporary plan to try implementing the Lynx
> proposal immediately, with tentative plans to do the PC/NS/Proxy thing in
> a month or two.

It's actually really really easy to do. You need a friendly network
administrator. When you get a block of addresses for these machines on the
network ask the admin for a block that is either private address space
or is filtered at the sites routers.

End of problem. And unlike a proxy the users can't easily get around it

Alan

;
;