Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx translation tables

From: Peter Karlsson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx translation tables
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 18:27:53 +0200 (SST)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> (You should use diff -c format for patches.)

Noted.

> Sorry, this is not possible.

Okay. Well, he (the person who originally requested this) will have to
manage. I guess he already does that quite well, since he's running a very
old computer as a VT100 terminal.

> seems to be the only region where a different
> 7-bit character set is still popular _in connection with the Internet_.

That's mainly because our extra characters aren't that nice when dropped
(like in German, where rewriting letters like รถ to oe are commonly
accepted), so we tried to find ways of using them.

> (your table uses '@' (\100) for Eacute, I wonder how you
> are dealing with e-mail addresses...)

It's a pain in the ass, yes. But that's life...

--
\\//
Peter - http://nafmo.home.ml.org/ - ICQ UIN 762719

;