Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:36:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Bela Lubkin wrote:

> Laura Eaves wrote:
>
> > I just made another fix of a bug that I and others have reeported in the
> > color slang version of lynx.
> >
> > The bug was that some links would change color as they were "unhighlighted"
> > while moving the current link around the screen.  It was necessary for the
> > user to redraw the screen to restore the colors.
> >
> > THe problem seemed to happen when underlining was turned on in the context
> > of
> > the link (for example, if in a <b> or <em> block).
> > of course).
>
> I sometimes see things like that with the "ncurses/SVR4 curses" color
> code in the ongoing code set.  Should this change really be conditional
> on SLANG only?

The "problem" (which I hesitate to call a bug) is not specific to SLang
or color.  It also appears with purely mono character attributes,
if you happen to have a terminal(emulator)/terminfo combo that
would make the different attribute combinations actually appear
different on the screen.

(see <URL: http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/klaus/texts/attrnotes.txt>)

What Laura did to fix the problem (just going by her description) still
seems like a bit of overkill to me.  I'd prefer to still hold out waiting
a bit longer for (an up-to-date version of) Rob's character style code,
which should give a more general improvement of color behavior.

   Klaus

;
;