Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:52:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > Laura Eaves wrote:
> >
> > > The bug was that some links would change color as they were
> > > "unhighlighted"
> > > while moving the current link around the screen.  It was necessary for the
> > > user to redraw the screen to restore the colors.
> > > THe problem seemed to happen when underlining was turned on in the
> > > context of
> > > the link (for example, if in a <b> or <em> block).
> > I sometimes see things like that with the "ncurses/SVR4 curses" color
> > code in the ongoing code set.  Should this change really be conditional
> > on SLANG only?
> probably not. But I've not seen any pages that do that - can someone point
> me to a misbehaving example so that I can analyze it?

I always use Subir's old "The Lynx Enhanced Pages have MOVED" page for
testing that (maybe one reason why they still get a lot of hits... :) ).
It is <URL: http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html>.
It is short, and of the three links on the page, the second one shows
the disliked behavior.

  Klaus

;
;