Getting files to your PC hard drive

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Getting files to your PC hard drive
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 00:48:06 -0400 (EDT)

  From: address@hidden

  I'd like to be able to save files on to my hard drive.  I've
been doing this in 2 steps. First I (P)rint the file. This puts
the file in my cyberspace directory.  I then use the Unix command
cat with my communications software capturing the text.  An
alternate way is by using the Unix command sx and download the
file via Xmodem.  There must be a better 1 step way.

One-steps are tricky.  But there is a better two-step way.
Read in the User's Guide about downloading and search for
"trouble downloading" in

http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ

--
Al Gilman