Graphical browse layered over Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Graphical browse layered over Lynx
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:02:08 -0400 (EDT)

  From: Jared Bruinsma <address@hidden>
  To: address@hidden

  My school account uses lynx.  I recently found a browser that you
  can use with lynx that allows you to view graphics and other
  things you can't see with lynx.  It' called IComm.  Just
  wondering if there was any other browsers like this out there?
  BYW...I use UNIX

1. There was a Windows program called SlipKnot that we heard about
from time to time in ages past.  We don't really pay much attention
to things that run over Lynx.  [The traffic on this list doesn't
support my learning enough to tell you much.]

2. If you have access to the X windowing environment in your
Unix login, learn about that.  That is a slick way to have images,
sounds, etc. concurrently active with your text browsing in Lynx.

3. If you can't run X windows on your computer, you might want to
look into a less resource-hungry supervisor called screen.

--
Al Gilman