Re: LYNX-DEV Troble getting he96133.pdf

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Troble getting he96133.pdf
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:29:29 -0400 (EDT)

  From: "Michael M. Orzel" <address@hidden>
  To: address@hidden
  Subject: LYNX-DEV Troble getting he96133.pdf
  Cc: address@hidden

  I am having a problem with my lynx. It seems that when I go to
  www.gao.gov and go though various steps tring to download
  HEHS-96-133 I get a message saying something like " your web
  browser is not compatable. Now I download pdf files before and
  never got the message. Please tell me how to get this file. Thank
  you.

1.  I just mailed you the document to your Capital.Net address.
It may arrive after this message because it is large.  I had no
trouble using Lynx 2.6 to get the document from that site, so I
suspect your problem is local.  Maybe that you are inadvertently
sending "Accept" headers that tell the server you can't handle
.pdf at all.

2.  Please encourage your site to upgrade its Lynx installation.
The code you are running there is more than one major release ago.

3.  Please include a full URL to the place you had the problem when
you ask for help.

--
Al Gilman