Re: LYNX-DEV line editor and help problem

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV line editor and help problem
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 23:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

  Subject: LYNX-DEV line editor and help problem
  From: address@hidden (Thomas G Haws)

  The help file for the line editor doesn't tell how to exit the editor.
  How can I exit the editor?  The editor is of no use if I can't exit
  without aborting (CTRL-G).

I am guessing that you are having trouble with a large TEXTAREA in
a form.  When you are in teh line editor answering a prompt (as in
the g)o-to-URL command, the dialog ends with <CR> normally or
CTRL-G aborts.

The brute-force approach is to TAB forward until you get to a normal
link and then you can page down with SPACEBAR.

The following should get you to the top of the page.  Hopefully the
first link on the page is not a text-input area:

        CTRL-A to get to the beginning of the text input line you are on.

        Left-arrow will bring up a prompt to confirm that you want
        to go to the previous page.  Confirm

        From the previous page, repeat the link that took you to the
        form.  Your prior form input should still be there.

What we actually need is an EXIT-from-textarea, somehow.

--
Al Gilman

;