LYNX-DEV FTP URL with ;type=I

From: Howard Kaikow
Subject: LYNX-DEV FTP URL with ;type=I
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:03:33 -0400

A few daze ago, I tried using the FTP URL with ;type=I for the first time.
As  my ISP had only Lynx 2.5, I ran into problems. This morning my ISP
installed Lynx 2.7.1 (on a unix system) and I tried again. You can see my
test below.

Both instances of ;type=I result in plain/text, instead of binary being used.
In addition, the last case causes the ;type=I to be included in the
filename when I Download.

For various reasons, I cannot include these files in my www page, where I
could use .htaccess to get around the problem.

Somebody had informed me that the problems I had seen with version 2.5 were
fixed in version 2.6 (according to changelog). I do not have a copy of
changelog, but I guess there are still problems, or am I incorrectly using
the ;type=I option?

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Home page for Howard Kaikow, email: address@hidden
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DL>
<DD><A
href="ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/standards/public/annex01a.zip";>ZIP</A>
<DD><A
href="ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/standards/public/annex01a.doc";type=I>DOC</A>
<DD><A
href="ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/standards/public/annex01a.doc;type=I";>DOC
in quotes</A>
</DL>
</BODY>
</HTML>