Re: LYNX-DEV Wanted for future Lynx releases: easy way to update userde

From: Glenn E. Thobe
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Wanted for future Lynx releases: easy way to update userdefs.h
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

Peter-

> I would like to have an easy way to update userdefs.h, i.e a list of what
> has changed there, so I don't have to change the new version of the file
> for each time I get a new version (it's getting a bit annoying).

That's what Larry Wall's diff utility is for.

Use diff to compare the old and new releases and identify any changes.

Use diff to retain your local changes from the previous release.

Use patch and the second diff file to apply your old changes to the new
release.

Unidiffs (requires GNU diff) or context diffs work best.

-Glenn Thobe <address@hidden>

;
;