Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx32 blows up when reading >64k

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx32 blows up when reading >64k
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:05:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> HTML: ****** Maximum nesting of 800 tags exceeded!
> >
> >I suppose we could up the limit, but how high?
>
>       Why not instead heed the bad HTML statusline message which
> precedes the stack overrun, and suggest that something be done
> about all those invalidly unclosed Anchors?

If you mean ask the author to fix the page, I believe this one is beyond
hope.  Netscape's own website has many pages without closing name tags so
you can't expect a browser-X supporter to cater to valid HTML.

I am not prepared to fix the problem in lynx, that is why I commented the
way I did.  As far as a fix goes, since tags are not nestable AFAIK we
should be closing the last one as we get a new one.

Wayne

;
;