Re: LYNX-DEV Added mailcc restriction to Lynx 2.7

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Added mailcc restriction to Lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:51:33 +0900 (JST)

>   I have added the restriction=mailcc to prevent the use of Cc: in any
>   mailto: URLs.  This was a problem for the guest account use of Lynx at
[...]                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I am not questioning what you do for your site, but if you see this
> as something that should be picked up into the distributed code, some
> more discussion of the desired behavior would help.

The automatic offering of the `Cc:' prompt is not particularly desirable
in public access accounts.  In my case I want to funnel questions and
requests to one person using a form, eg:
        <FORM METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
                ACTION="mailto:lynx-admin";,
                TITLE="Press [RET] to send message, ^G to cancel.">
but Lynx offers a Cc: prompt automatically.  This means that the person
using the form has to know to [enter an e-mail address and] hit return
to send a message.  I cannot assume that the person using the form even
knows what `CC' means (My students certainly don't.).  Therefore, I want
to make the process as simple as possible, and at the same time not add
an ounce more of strain to my overworked server.  I have also been thinking
of how to block the `Subject:' prompt, but as you see above, I have found
a use for it.

__Henry
;
;