LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties

From: Bruce Gullion
Subject: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:59:00 -0700

 I am attempting to install a Lynx terminal browser.  I am installing it
on an Intel i586 running Red Hat’s Linux V4.1.  I am wanting to get the
Lynx to respond to a Wyse 50 terminal connection over a telnet
connection.

I have used the TERM=wy50 / export TERM setting of the Linux environment
variable to set the terminal type at login in the .bash_profile file.

I am using ProCom’s telnet with Wyse50 emulator over a local IP network
for testing.

The Lynx responds quite well in VT100 mode but in when I switch the
terminal type to wy50 the screen attributes are not acting correctly.
The enter does not work, the tab does not work and such.  I can see the
ASCII text ok but as for anything else it is unusable.

My questions:

Is the TERM variable the correct way to set the terminal type?

Do I need to do anything to Lynx to inform it that I am using a Wyse50?
I found no references to this in the configuration files.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bruce Gullion
Network Developer
Network Data Express