Re: LYNX-DEV Added mailcc restriction to Lynx 2.7

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Added mailcc restriction to Lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:43:15 +0900 (JST)

> (aka, a student ;-), I can tell you than ANY access to mailto leaves
> potential for the undesired result.  Almost any guest-book will allow me
> to write my own mailto url on the fly.  Is trapping cc really worth it?

Yes, I think it is in certain cases.

I cannot speak for the author of the new restriction, but to explain my
position again, I would like to not have the Cc automatically pop up
because that is just one more step that I have to explain to the so-called
`clueless' (and I myself am pretty much still on that side of the fence).
I also don't want it because it has the potential of creating a bunch of
sendmail errors that will be logged (using up valuable disk space) and sent
to the postmaster (more midnight oil for him=me).  It seems like an
advertisement for more e-mail volume.  The fewer the steps the
better with public-access executables.  Trying to block mailto: to the
know-how-to's is not my aim; trying to make the introduction to the
Internet as easy and painless as possible to the not overly bright is.

__Henry
;
;