Re: LYNX-DEV V2.6 bug

From: Barry Rountree
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV V2.6 bug
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:01:55 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm a systems admin. at the University of Ottawa, Canada.  We're testing
> lynx v2.6 on our IBM AIX's, both versions 4.1.4 and 4.2.  And a "fatal
> error has occurred" which terminated lynx session at:
>
>   http://www.csi.uottawa.ca/ftppub/courses/Winter/csi2121
>
> Error messages are like:
>
>  "Lynx now exiting with signal:  11"
>  "Exiting via interrupt:  0"

<snip>
>  Thiep Nguyen
>  address@hidden

I have no problem viewing that page with Lynx 2.7 (no patches).  Upgrade,
and while you're at it, you might want to fix this HTML goof that might be
causing the problem:

<h1> CSI 2121 Computer Architecture II (winter, 1997) </h1>
<h2> <a href="news.html">News and Updates</a> Click here for update
history.</h2>

The <li>'s need to appear in a list, not running around on their own.

Hope this helps,

Barry Rountree
<address@hidden>

PS:  I don't have a copy of 2.6 any more, nor have I looked through the
CHANGES file to see if this was a problem and, if it was, was it fixed.
So this is more of a guess than anything else.
;
;