Re: LYNX-DEV Stranger yet.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Stranger yet.
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:23:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Jonathan Sergent wrote:

> This is surely a bit weird.
>
> The diff I just sent, so trivial, seemingly so obvious, breaks things.
> Try this one, which I just rebuilt with.
>
> What's so special about HTTelnet?

It is the only source file in the WWW/Library subtree that includes
userdefs.h, because it needs some of the defines in it.

The source files in the WWW/Library subtree don't use strings from
LYMessages_XX.h, so they don't include it directly.  The lines
you find strange are presumably there to prevent an indirect
inclusion.

Presumably it wouldn't do any harm to HTTelnet to include LYMessages_XX.h,
and so the #ifndef wouldn't be necessary (but I haven't tried it, maybe
you want to).

> Sigh.  lynx seems to be full of hacks like this.

Now why is your second patch better than your first one?
Without an explanation, it looks just like another "hack like this."

   Klaus

;
;