Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV highlighting bug in color slang version
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 06:06:50 -0400 (EDT)

> Okay, I will admit it.  I've been distracted lately.  I want to bring my
> lynx 2.7.1 up to date - to have the latest development features in it.
> I know there are at least 2 or 3 major efforts.  One is the style sheets
> code.  One is the autoconf/misc enhancements effort.  One is the enhancements
> Fote has been making.
right.  Klaus added the patch for the styles as a dead-end branch in the
RCS (actually prcs) archive on slcc.  Fote is off marching in his own
direction (presumably because he doesn't want to get involved with continuing
development - though he'd cut down on his time a lot if he'd just send patches
to the list).

> Has anyone figured out what it takes to get all of these into one working
> version
> of lynx?  The reason I ask is that I just read in this mail thread some
I think that it'd be reasonable (after getting through the autoconf stuff
to review/integrate Rob's style changes).  I don't have any plans to look
at it before then - the autoconf changes are using up my alloted time for this
project.

> reference about instability and before I start trying to figure out what
> to glue together, I thought I would see where things stand.
people always get uncomfortable with this sort of thing.

> P.P.S.  Is anyone using a source code management set to try to manage
> all this code?  Anyone think that something like that might make integrating
> all the various efforts easier?
klaus/scott/jim/wayne/I are using a common archive on slcc.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden