LYNX-DEV Bug in customization of XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND in lynx 2.7.1

From: Peter Canning
Subject: LYNX-DEV Bug in customization of XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND in lynx 2.7.1
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 05:01:13 -0700

I discovered the following problem in lynx 2.7.1 when building and running
it on MkLinux (Linux for PowerMac).  I believe the problem would occur on
all platforms.

I built lynx using the linux-ncurses build target (without modifying any of
the sources) and it built fine.  However, after I changed the
XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND in my lynx.cfg file to say:

XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xv %s &

and attempted to load an image, I would get a line printed saying:
        xli: command not found
and then it the program xv would be run, but it appeared not to hacw gotten
the filename as a parameter.

By using gdb, I discovered that variable XLoadImageCommand ended up
containing the following string:
        xli %s &xv %s &
It appears that the command specified in lynx.cfg is being appended to the
string from userdefs.h rather than replacing it.

After searching through the sources to see how the variable
XLoadImageCommand was initialized, I changed the following ling (in
LYReadCFG.c)
                        StrAllocCat(XLoadImageCommand, (char *)&buffer[19]);
                        StrAllocCopy(XLoadImageCommand, (char *)&buffer[19]);

This change appears to fix the problem.

        thanks,
        Peter Canning

;