LYNX-DEV recent devel code(z) (was: highlighting bug in color slang vers

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV recent devel code(z) (was: highlighting bug in color slang version)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 07:24:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:
[LWV:]
> > Okay, I will admit it.  I've been distracted lately.  I want to bring my
> > lynx 2.7.1 up to date - to have the latest development features in it.
> > I know there are at least 2 or 3 major efforts.  One is the style sheets
> > code.  One is the autoconf/misc enhancements effort.  One is the
> > enhancements
> > Fote has been making.
> right.  Klaus added the patch for the styles as a dead-end branch in the
> RCS (actually prcs) archive on slcc.

And I add (and the name suggests it) that that was an *old* version of
Rob's style patches.  When Rob makes available his recent stuff, it will
probably be merged with the mor recent changes common archive (see below) -
if it is not too difficult to do (whic I don't expect).

> Fote is off marching in his own
> direction (presumably because he doesn't want to get involved with continuing
> development - though he'd cut down on his time a lot if he'd just send patches
> to the list).
>
> > Has anyone figured out what it takes to get all of these into one working
> > version
> > of lynx?  The reason I ask is that I just read in this mail thread some
> I think that it'd be reasonable (after getting through the autoconf stuff
> to review/integrate Rob's style changes).  I don't have any plans to look
> at it before then - the autoconf changes are using up my alloted time for this
> project.
>
> > reference about instability and before I start trying to figure out what
> > to glue together, I thought I would see where things stand.

If you want the most recent changes from a number of people, *and* you
want everything "stable" - then those looks like conflicting goals.

> > P.P.S.  Is anyone using a source code management set to try to manage
> > all this code?  Anyone think that something like that might make integrating
> > all the various efforts easier?

> klaus/scott/jim/wayne/I are using a common archive on slcc.

See <URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch> and
    <URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/>.

And Rob and Fote are invited to join.

So far I'd say the versions available there, with merged changes, have
been reasonably "stable".  But it's up to you to test and decide.
Some of Fote's mods are included, and some are not.  (Amd some are not
yet.)

   Klaus

;
;