LYNX-DEV Some suggestions for Lynx for DOS

From: Michael Lang
Subject: LYNX-DEV Some suggestions for Lynx for DOS
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 06:32:35 +0200 (MET DST)

It's great, that Lynx is now available for DOS. I don't like the Klos
PPP driver much. For instance, you cannot ask it for a delay, when
logging on. Also, you don't see what happens, when the logon script is
processed. I think, it would be fine, if lynx could work with Uka_PPP.
This is a package, in which many programs from different authors are
included. There are quite a view packet drivers in it as well. But
Lynx for DOS doesn't seem to be able to work with these drivers, at
least not with the PPP drivers.

I'd like to be able, to run Lynx for viewing local files without
having to load a paket driver. It's not difficult to load a driver.
But why do I have to do it under DOS? Under Linux, Lynx works without it.

Thanks Wayne, for making Lynx for DOS

;
;