Re: LYNX-DEV Fotemods spelling correction

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fotemods spelling correction
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 06:18:56 -0400 (EDT)

970420 Fote replied to me:
>       The way I phrased it in the bookmark file lead text is that
> you should not change the format within lines, nor add other HTML
> markup.  By "titles" I presume you mean the link names, i.e., the
> Anchor content.  You have an option to change the default when
> 'a'dding a bookmark link, and if (Heaven forbid!) you should have
> a typo when you do that, editing the Anchor content (so long as
> the line stays entirely one line) would not be a change of the
> "format" within that line (i.e., that's OK 8-).
>
>       You can do other things as well, and the 'a'dds and 'r'emoves
> may still work, but you should not consider the ability to do them
> a "feature" which must be supported in future versions.
>
>       Do *NOT* add an OL end tag to the bottom of the bookmark file.

970420 Doug Kaufman quoted:

>      This file also may be edited with a standard text editor to delete
>      outdated or invalid links, or to change there order, but you should
>                                              ^^^^^

may i suggest a slightly different, but more complete wording?

   This file may also be edited with a standard text editor
   to delete or reorder links, or to amend link names,
   but any other changes may cause problems in using bookmarks commands.

it needs to be very straightforward for beginners,
but should make clear that changing a link name is ok,
if that's all you do.

;