Re: LYNX-DEV Re: highlighting bug in color slang version

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: highlighting bug in color slang version
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:55:57 +0900 (JST)

> > `ESC[Ps;40 (to 47);Ps m' to mean the background color for the _whole_ screen
> > and not just the attribute for the individual character?  There is no way to
> > set the background attribute on a per-character basis on this terminal.  A
> that is true - but it's the application's job to make the proper calls
> to curses so that the latter knows whether it's the per-character or
> per-window attribute that is being changed. (I've not looked at Rob's code;

Hmmm.  What I'm worried about is that my terminfo database file may be wrong,
i.e., I think I have it saying my physical terminal can do per-character
background color attributes when it can't.  Anyway, I can see I've got an
awful lot of homework to do on this curses/terminal/color problem before I
can help with testing code.

> this is a general comment/caveat).  You can do either reliably with SVr4
> curses (I can't say that about ncurses 1.9.9e, in case the topic comes up).

Is "ncurses4+patches" equivalent to SVr4 curses?

__Henry
;
;