Re: LYNX-DEV Re: highlighting bug in color slang version

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: highlighting bug in color slang version
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:49:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Hmmm.  What I'm worried about is that my terminfo database file may be wrong,
> i.e., I think I have it saying my physical terminal can do per-character
> background color attributes when it can't.  Anyway, I can see I've got an
> awful lot of homework to do on this curses/terminal/color problem before I
> can help with testing code.
that's not a terminfo problem - it's how the application sets the colors
(with the window or background attributes)

> Is "ncurses4+patches" equivalent to SVr4 curses?
not quite.  There's some subtle things wrong, and a few noticeable ones.
For the programs I'm building there's nothing that I'm aware of, but I've
some test programs that show differences.

But I work on one thing at a time - the problem with 1.9.9e is that so many
changes went into it during the previous 6 months w/o _any_ sort of testing
(and in fact I knew & complained that some _were_ incorrect, based on my own
tests).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden