LYNX-DEV Post data

From: Mark Mestern
Subject: LYNX-DEV Post data
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:40:08 +0200

Hi,

Thank you for lynx. It is very useful for making commandline script to download
info from web pages. However I am finding trouble with pages
that require you to enter data in a form.

As an example at url http://www.hrm.uct.ac.za/cgi/cgi_sas.exe
there is a form for entering a number to get a result. I'd like to do this
in a script. Entering the data by hand and pressing "=" on the
result page lynx gives the following info:

  Linkname: UCT Final Results - Student Administration Systems:
   Post Data: entrypoint=step2&studentnumber=mstmad323
   Post Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
   Owner(s): None
       size: 19 lines
       mode: normal

So I thought one could call up this page using

lynx
http://www.hrm.uct.ac.za/cgi/cgi_sas.exe?entrypoint=step2\&studentnumber=mstmad323

Unfortunately although this method worked with many other forms I've
tried this one doesn't work.

Can you tell me how to get lynx to go to a page like this from a command
line address? It be very useful.

Thanks
Mark Mestern

;