Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:30:21 +0900 (JST)

> It configured and built fine, but when I ran it it looked for lynx.cfg
> in /usr/local/lib instead of $HOME/lib.  I think if configure is going
> to intall things in $prefix/{bin,lib,man} then it should also configure
> the software to build that way so you don't have to edit userdefs.h.

Unless you're running lynx in screen or some script or other, you're
probably wise to have cfg= on the command line.

Until such time as there is an interactive dependency script developed,
e.g. along the lines of the perl install, editing of userdefs.h is
going to have to continue.  Configure can't possibly guess where
someone wants lynx.cfg, startfile, helpfile, jumpfile, index, etc.
etc. to be.  I have them everywhere and anywhere, and not the same
for any of the three machines I deal with.

> Also, when you unzip the source, it puts everything in lynx2-7-1/

I wouldn't want this changing each time either because it chokes my
semi-automated install scripts (lots of cd's and mv's and patch
directives).

__Henry
;
;