Re: LYNX-DEV new command: 123 g

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV new command: 123 g
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:38:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Mike Brown wrote:

>                            According to Klaus' model, if I understand it
> correctly, these single-keypress bindings would lose their immediacy and
> would necessitate the extra keypress of RETURN to be invoked.

No, my change just hooks in at the point where the string (presumable a
number) has already been read and Lynx is ready to process it.
Since in numbers-act-as-arrows mode that reading of the string never gets
triggered by the initial digit, I didn't override anything - "123 g"
remains as unavailable in numbers-act-as-arrows mode as pure "123"
always was...

I assume it normally is not very useful to select something by number if
those numbers are not shown.  Maybe it is unfortunate that numbers cannot
be shown if the number keys are used for arrow movement, but I am not
about to change that now - there seem to be too many places where the two
aspects are coupled (just one global variable is used).

  Klaus

;
;