Re: LYNX-DEV pre-announcing a new Lynx SGML.c parser

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV pre-announcing a new Lynx SGML.c parser
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:22:04 GMT

[Klaus Weide reports on a more SGML-ish HTML parser.]

Klaus, and anyone else:

One of the reasons I'm so excited about XML is that it's a chance for
the Web community to make a fresh start and recover from all the crap
out there that calls itself HTML.  Lynx (and other browsers) can
continue to do what they do now for HTML, but do things the Right Way
for XML.

I would be *very* interested in beginning work on a new internal MIME
type for XML handling in Lynx.  I need some assistance, though, with
the HTTP side of things.  Would anyone who's interested in beginning
this project please drop me a line off-list?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA