LYNX-DEV RP code works on Solaris

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV RP code works on Solaris
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:35:38 EST

Here's the target I used for Solaris, without bothering to check if it
made sense:

develop-solaris-ncurses:
        cd WWW/Library/solaris2; $(MAKE) CC="gcc" LYFLAGS="$(SITE_LYDEFS)
-I../../../src -I/home/shay/e/sergent/include -DCS -DUSEHASH"
        cd src; $(MAKE) all CC="gcc" \
                MCFLAGS="-O -DUNPAINT_CACHE -DUNIX -DSVR4 -DSOLARIS2 -DNCURSES \
                -DFANCY_CURSES -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DUSE_DIRENT -DLOCALE \
                -DHAVE_TERMIOS_H -DNO_KEYPAD -DNO_TTYTYPE -DTEST -DCS \
                -I/home/shay/e/sergent/include -I../$(WWWINC) $(SITE_DEFS)
-DXRP -DUSEHASH" \
                LIBS="-lncurses -L/home/shay/e/sergent/lib
-R/home/shay/e/sergent/lib -L/usr/ccs/lib -R/usr/ccs/lib -lnsl -lsocket" \
                WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/solaris2/libwww.a" \
                STYLE=LYStyle

It mostly works.  I'm not having much luck with color, but the
bold/italic/etc styles work pretty well.  It seems to use underlined y's
with umlauts, instead of flashing numbers, for the reverse status
line.  I'm displaying this over a rlogin session to the Solaris machine
from a color-xterm running on a Linux machine displaying on an HP-UX
workstation.  I'll try simplifying that a bit to see if I can make CS
work.

This is with ncurses 1.9.9g, and Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra-2 (2200).

Oh, and Solaris make really complains about the spaces on the "linux-style"
target which is right after develop, so change them to tabs (it refuses
to do anything at all, regardless of what target you try, until you change
the spaces).

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;