Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 05:39:33 -0400 (EDT)
> the only thing that I'm noting here is that the userdefs.h codes the location
> as /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg (so that's on my list - it doesn't inherit from
> the configure script's sense of --prefix).
>
> (but I agree - it doesn't make sense to make everything an option in the
> configure script: the important things are those that make it simpler to
> build)

That's my point -- it would make it easier for the installer if
--prefix dir were used in the defaults.
(All this configure stuff adds no value for the end user -- just the builder.
If it's not going to be an improvement over the old Makefile, why do it?)

As for Makefile vs makefile, i've worked on other packages that generate
sys-dependent makefiles from generic Makefiles.  (I always hated it because
I never could remember which was which, but I believe "first makefile then
Makefile" is a standard default search path.)
--le
;
;