Re: LYNX-DEV building with ncurses (lynx2-7rp and 2-7-1)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV building with ncurses (lynx2-7rp and 2-7-1)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 05:51:45 -0400 (EDT)

> > The file was included from LYCurses.h:
> >
> > #ifdef NCURSES
> > # ifndef NCURSESHEADER
> > /* HERE--> */ #  include <ncurses/curses.h>
>                             ^^^^^^^^
> I've never understood why that "ncurses/" is there.
> It's a FAQ from way back.  Countless people have tripped on that.  I patch
> the correction before every ncurses build.  The problem will go away when
> the autoconf is done.
right.  It's fixed from the standpoint of autoconf.

> > PS: I once tried downloading and building ncurses 1.9.9g, but couldn't get
> Might as well make the jump to ncurses4.
There's an faq for ncurses (covers bug reporting - anything w/o the generated
files from the configure script is an interesting anecdote, but basically
worthless for analysis):

        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey