Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm 387 emulation

From: Peter Herngaard
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm 387 emulation
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 19:46:55 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Can you help me to run Lynx 2.7x under MS-DOS.
> > I have Etherppp installed and the DPMI program.
> > But the program aborts with no corp processor message.
> > I have downloaded the .dxe file, but I don't have the compiler.
>
> Did you put the .dxe file in the same directory as lynx.exe and try
> running it?  That should be all that is needed I think.

Yes.The problem was a download error.
When downloading the emu387.dxe in Lynx 2.5 the program treated it as
plaintext ASCII.
The file I got first was only half of the size.
I have Lynx running, but it cannot look up my ISP.
My ISP doesn't use NETMASK NOR GATEWAY, and he said that I should ignore it.
I tried HTGET and it worked with the WATTCP.CFG, but Lynx didn't.
Sonetimes it locks up, orter times it "Looking up www.host.com" until I
reboot.
Viewing files locallyworks well.
What do I to meet the criteria of Lynx, my ISP assigns IP numbers
dynamically not through BOOTP?

Yours sincerly

;
;