Re: LYNX-DEV color styles and solaris

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV color styles and solaris
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:28:56 EST

 ] >  ] there's a couple of flavors of color xterm (with appropriate caveats
 ] >  ] for the bce, ech1 controls):
 ] >  ]         http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm/xterm.faq.html

 ] > I'm using nxterm as distributed with Red Hat 4.1.  I tried the resources
 ] > you listed, and they didn't help.  I'll fiddle some more.

 ] I believe nxterm is the 3.1.2G version - there's a couple of bugs in that one
 ] dealing with the resources that make underline and bold treated in color.

Okay.  I'm not getting any color at all, though.  I think it's actually
using the mono styles (can't remember) so I don't think it's detecting
color at all, so would it be a problem with my terminal description?

The readme file indicates nxterm started with the 3.1.1 sources (I didn't
realize this until just now).  I like its scroll bars better anyway.

Are the bugs in nxterm better than or worse than those in the 3.2 or
3.2A xterm?

How about CDE's dtterm, or rxvt?

Thanks.

--