Re: LYNX-DEV color styles and solaris

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV color styles and solaris
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:45:39 -0500

 ] I don't have a pointer to nxterm (it was released with the other stuff in
 ] Redhat that was based on 3.1.2G, and from the various bug-reports wrt
 ] termcap & ncurses, sounded like the 3.1.2G version).  Does anyone know
 ] where I can find it - short of downloading the whole X distribution?

Sure.

You could download the RPM from Red Hat (if you have RPM).  Or, from
the spec file:

Source: ftp.x.org:/contrib/applications/xterm-R6-sb_right-ansi-3d.tar.gz
Patch: xterm-sb_right-ansi-3d-1.0-config.patch
Patch2: xterm-sb_right-ansi-3d-1.0-termio.patch
Patch3: xterm-sb_right-ansi-3d-1.0-scrollleft.patch

I'm not sure what the deal is with the "config" patch, which changes
the names of everything from "xterm" to "nxterm", other than the fact
that Red Hat includes it with their sources.

For the time being, you can grab all four from my workstation, should
you like -- ftp://hillres55-129.cc.purdue.edu/pub/nxterm/*

 ] I've tested dtterm with vttest; it's ok in some places, awful in others.
 ] I don't regard its color support as usable.  rxvt is ok (though I've seen
 ] more than one bug in that, which usually gets reported against ncurses).
 ] The only (free) one that I can cite as "good" is the one I'm supporting
 ] (XFree86 3.2A).

Okay.  I'll try it.

--jss.
;