Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/ download file problems

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/ download file problems
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:21:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I am just learning to use lynx and I am still feeling my way around
> > I am currently trying to download files that can be stored on our server as
> > a miny mirror site
> > as a mini mirror site for the larger and more popular files
> >
> > My problem is that
> >
> >         :when I download some files they get to the end where they should
> >         be saved but the save to disc prompt dosn't come up and the file is
> > lost
> >
> > this is getting very frustrating
>
> Without more details it is hard to guess what is going wrong.
> Does this happen only with soem kinds of files? (for example
> binary files; compressed files; file from ftp URLs)

Something like this happened to a friend of mine just a while ago. He has
downloaded a long file, but the save prompt didn't appear. The reason for
this was that he was out of disk space on /tmp.. No warning was displayed
- or perhaps disappeared too quickly. I think he was using lynx version
2.7.

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden