Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and XML

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and XML
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:52:31 -0400 (EDT)

  I'm not good with DSSSL yet, but it would be something like

  (element funcdef
     (make paragraph)
  )
  (element params
     (make sequence
        (literal "(")
        (process-children)
        (literal ")")
     )
  )
  (element desc
     (make paragraph
        space-before: 0pt
        start-indent: 40pt
     )
  )

Is there any provision in the formalism for semantics?  I mean
type-qualifications that the values to be passed to these
arguments should satisfy, and relations w.r.t. the inputs
that the outputs can be counted on to satisfy?

The semantic description of a callable entity can be written
formally like the semantic definition of a structured type,
but there has to be a way to assert the rules it satisfies.

--
Al Gilman
;