Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

> I am installing the 4.0 version of ncurses from ftp.clark.net: for Red
> Hat Linux 4.1.  I am a bit stuck at running tic on the terminfo file.
>
> Can you tell me the proper switches to use?
the "make install.data" (which installs the whole thing) usually works.
I usually do
        configure (with whatever options)
        make (so I can check the logs)
        make install
or
        make install.libs
        make install.progs
        make install.data
etc, depending on what parts I want to upgrade.

in the 4.0 version, there's an err in the install-rule in the test-directory
(which doesn't really affect successful installs), that's fixed in one of my
patches.  also, 4.0 doesn't do a make-install without first doing a make all.
afaik, if you've got all of the patches applied, there's no problems with the
install.

> I am getting a 'no entries parsed' responce from tic.
if this is complicated, there's an faq that says how to report  bugs

        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden