Re: LYNX-DEV still can't get ./configure to work (lynx2.7.1ac-0.12.tar.g

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV still can't get ./configure to work (lynx2.7.1ac-0.12.tar.gz)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:00:44 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm getting to feel like a broken record, but if I set the
> environment variables to find the slang header and library,
> then gcc2.7.2 no longer works.  If I don't set CPPFLAGS or
> LIBS, then configure stops of course because it can't find
> slang.h.  It's a catch 22.  On sunos4.1.3.
>
> > % setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/home/nelsonhe/.slang/src"
> > % setenv LIBS "-L/home/nelsonhe/.slang/lib"
> > % configure --with-screen=slang
amend my earlier note: you'll need to set $CFLAGS rather than $CPPFLAGS,
since some machines don't inherit $CPPFLAGS into the compile expression.

your config.log should have the relevant information.

> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> > cannot create executables.
but I don't have a clue about this (sorry).  Offhand, the only problem I'd
had including directly from the slang build-directory was the conflict between
the config.h's (which is part of why I renamed lynx's to lynx_cfg.h last week)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden