Re: LYNX-DEV Patch-O-Matic [TM] compression problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Patch-O-Matic [TM] compression problem
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:32:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Hynek Med wrote:

> It works again. Thanks. Now I only sometimes face the problem of
>
>    We're sorry, but there is an ongoing transaction. Please try again in
>    a few minutes.
>
>    If you wish the base release or other help, please visit
>    http://lynx.browser.org/

The script has to access the repository where we keep the developing
versions.  There were some problems with lock files, so to be on the safe
side we put some extra checks in the script.  We made it fail with the
above message if it looks like something else is also trying to acces the
repository.  These should become unnecessary when a new version of the
prcs software is installed; for now, you have to live with it.

But if you find that this condition persists for a long time (say several
hours) then complain.

  Klaus

;
;