Re: LYNX-DEV problem report with the develpment version of lynx 2.7.1 0.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem report with the develpment version of lynx 2.7.1 0.12ac
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 09:01:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> I'm on a monochrome system.  I compiled with ncurses 4.x.
> I don't appear to be seeing any highlighting - not only in the search,
> but in <b> or <i> tags either!
>
> [...].  No highlighting is working at all.

Ok, then I assume it has something to do with Tom's latest changes, and/or
(maybe) your terminfo (termcap) entry.  The lynx_cfg.h generated should
tell you whether configure has recognized NCURSES and FANCY_CURSES.  Maybe
your terminal is treated as color when it isn't.  (But I leave the
analysis to Tom...)

> Things are strangely highlighted under lynx 2-7-1 anyways.  Even
> though my monochrome terminal supports plain, bold, underline, half
> tone, etc. I typically get underlines for <em> and <strong> tags,
> nothing for headers, and bold for links.

What's strange about that?  That's normal and as expected.  Does any
older version of lynx (compiled with the same options and libraries, using
the same TERM/terminfo) give you something different?  I would be
surprised.

  Klaus

;
;