Re: LYNX-DEV problem report with the develpment version of lynx 2.7.1 0.

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem report with the develpment version of lynx 2.7.1 0.12ac
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 10:26:14 -0400

> On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
>
> > I'm on a monochrome system.  I compiled with ncurses 4.x.

> Ok, then I assume it has something to do with Tom's latest changes, and/or
> (maybe) your terminfo (termcap) entry.  The lynx_cfg.h generated should

Since using lynx 2-7-1 still does highlighting, then I will assume that
my terminfo is okay.  I can provide this vt220/Micro-Term 4525 terminfo
information to someone who really cares, but in general, things are
working except for the new lynx.

> tell you whether configure has recognized NCURSES and FANCY_CURSES.  Maybe
> your terminal is treated as color when it isn't.  (But I leave the
> analysis to Tom...)

FANCY_CURSES is defined.
NCURSES is also defined.

How could I tell if lynx thinks my terminal is color?

> > Things are strangely highlighted under lynx 2-7-1 anyways.  Even
> > though my monochrome terminal supports plain, bold, underline, half
> > tone, etc. I typically get underlines for <em> and <strong> tags,
> > nothing for headers, and bold for links.
>
> What's strange about that?  That's normal and as expected.  Does any

I didn't mean strange as in different from other lynx.  I meant strange
as in with all the various styles the terminal can support, I thought
more would be used.  However, having the styling from 2-7-1 back would
be sufficient.

I haven't tried deleting the 4 lines you recommended yet - I've been
watching the mailing list hoping to see if there were a general solution.

;