Re: LYNX-DEV Internal MIME types

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Internal MIME types
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 22:32:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

>   From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>
>   How does [relaxing the parse data structure beyond being a
> tree] further the goals of the Web *Access* Initiative?

> [...] different dimensions of the content [...]
>   [...] solution to the access problem[...]

Okay, I think i have got an idea what you mean.  Now, today there are two
dimensions, for most Web pages: images and ALT text.  Most people don't
seem to care about the ALT TEXT, although that should take much less
effort to provide than sophisticated images.  So what makes you think
that, if there are many more dimensions to fill, people would care any
more than they do now, about those things that are not as flashy, not as
new as the latest toy?

   Klaus

;
;