Re: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:35:43 -0400 (EDT)

> To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:13:43 -0500
> From: Jonathan Sergent <address@hidden>
> You should try using the file(1) command to do this.

Yup, that works -- it's an ELF binary.

> You can build a.out binaries on an ELF system if it has the a.out
> libraries installed in the right places; use 'gcc -b i486-linuxaout'
> where you use 'gcc' and you should get compatible binaries (again,
> if the a.out stuff is installed on your system).

I tried configuring and building with CFLAGS="-b i486-linxaout" and
screen=slang.  2 problems:
The headers were installed in the right place, but some of the directories were
symbolic links to unreadable source dirs... Also, slang wasn't installed
in those areas...  (I suppose slang would also have to be built with this
option, eh?)  Anyway, I suppose i could build it without slang, but before
I try anything else, would it be hard to download the source and try building
on your own sys?  I sent mail to the sys admin about the unreadaable files, but
don't know what will happen beyond that.

> Upgrading to ELF would most likely be a good thing, in any case.
> There are various HOWTOs out there with detailed instructions.

Let me know if you get something working...  If the sys admin doesn't fix
the dirs, I'm stuck.
--le

;
;