Re: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:56:02 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:15:40 -0500
> From: Jonathan Sergent <address@hidden>
> I'm not sure how useful making a.out binaries available is because
> anyone with an a.out system has had it for a while and, therefore,
> is less likely to need precompiled binaries, since lynx is quite
> easy to build on Linux.
>
> Did I miss someone in particular asking for an a.out binary?
>
> I mean, I could do it, but it would take some work since I don't have
> a.out ncurses or gcc installed on any of the machines I use, just the
> shared libraries to run any deprecated binaries (but both of those are
> easy to build).

Hm -- well, come to think of it, the original mail about ELF vs a.out
only asked me to specify which version I had built -- so maybe I
misinterpreted that to be a request to build an a.out version...

In any case, the version I built on linux was definitely ELF.
And it looks I won't be able to provide an a.out version without
a lot of extra overhead.  But as you say, building on linux isn't hard, so
perhaps those using a.out versions of linux can just download the sources
(as described on my web page) and build it themselves.

Good luck.
Thanks for your input.
--le

;