Re: LYNX-DEV numbered forms patch update

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered forms patch update
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:59:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> BTW: I noticed fote added a 123p feature.  Is klaus also going to pick that
> up?

Probably, when I get around to it.  That should not prevent you from
isolating the relevant bits from fotemods, adapting them to the
devel code, and offereing them back, if you feel like it.  :)

BTW I notice your patched version is sending User-Agent headers
of the form:

Lynx/2.7.1ac-0.15 + numbered_forms patch + highlighting fix (4/27/97)
libwww-FM/2.14

(or similar with later versions).  I don't have an opinion whether
this is too long, after all everybody may not agree that the devel code
LYNX_VERSION strings are a good idea (and they should then change it
in their copy).  But you should at least use a more valid syntax if
you want to include that extra info.  The simples way would be to put
everything you add in parentheses.

   Klaus

;
;