Re: LYNX-DEV numbered forms patch update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered forms patch update
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:12:02 -0500 (EST)

Laura Eaves <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>BTW: I noticed fote added a 123p feature.  Is klaus also going to pick that up?

        Note that the current fotemods.zip has a typo in HTGetLinkInfo()
of GridText.c, from when I worked in Klaus's most recent anchor counting
fix yesterday  It has a pair of  anchors_this_line++;  lines where there
should only be one.  I was going to update the zip tonight, but got wrapped
up in enabling WHEREIS searches to get hits for all visible form fields,
and for the values of options in retracted popups (positions you on
the popup which has the option with a hit, and you can then pop it up
to repeat the search within it to get positioned on that option if it's
the current selection).  I have that all working, but want to exercise
it some more tomorrow before updating the zip.

        Al and Larry should be happy about that, and blind users will
be able to do WHEREIS searches to position themselves on form fields
(unless they have zero-length values, but then you can search for "__"
to get positioned on the placeholder underscores).

                                Fote