LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:42:44 -0700

As many lynx-dev readers know, I work at SCO.

SCO has been shipping HTML documentation since early 1995.  The doc
browser in OpenServer Release 5 is based on NCSA Mosaic for X, version
2.4.  There is a corresponding text browser, called "cm_help", which
everyone agrees is wretched.

I've been encouraging the SCO doc people to switch over to Lynx.  And,
it would seem, that decision has been made, for SCO's upcoming merged
SCO OpenServer and UnixWare product, "Gemini"..  They've gotten
appropriate permission from the University of Kansas.  I've encouraged
them to join the Lynx development process by subscribing to this list,
introducing themselves, and -- as time passes -- contributing their
changes to the Lynx development process.

This message is sort of a preemptive strike, intended to elicit a
response from them, since they have not yet followed my advice.  ;-}

I know that one of their biggest concerns is the ability to use
different localized message catalogues at runtime.  This requires NLS
support in the code -- the use of catgets() to retrieve localized
messages.  Does anyone know the current status of this work?

>Bela<
;
;