Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 11:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Philip Webb wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Bela Lubkin wrote:
> > I've been encouraging the SCO doc people to switch over to Lynx.  And,
> > it would seem, that decision has been made, for SCO's upcoming merged
> > SCO OpenServer and UnixWare product, "Gemini". --- snip ---
> > This requires NLS support in the code --- snip ---
> i'm probably not the only subscriber to lynx-dev who doesn't know
> what  SCO  &  NLS  are & is unaware of the nature & importance (grin)
> of OpenServer & UnixWare.
> could Bela or someone else well-informed enlighten us (smile)?

SCO is Santa Cruz Operation -- big PC commercial UNIX vendor;
bought UnixWare from Novell, and is integrating SCO's version
of UNIX (OpenServer) with UnixWare (which is a descendent of
AT&T's UNIX).

NLS is National Language Support; i.e., messages from the
program are displayed in your choice of tongues.

Per my NetBSD man page for catgets():
NAME
  catgets - retrieve string from message catalog
STANDARDS
     The catgets() function conforms to X/Open Portability Guide Issue 3
     (``XPG3'').

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
God what a depressingly moronic computer you are.

;
;