Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:35:21 -0700

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> > i'm probably not the only subscriber to lynx-dev who doesn't know
> > what  SCO  &  NLS  are & is unaware of the nature & importance (grin)
> > of OpenServer & UnixWare.
>
>       SCO is the Santa Cruz Operation; they market an x86 Unix
> product (actually, several of them).  As Bela posted, a future SCO
> product will be using Lynx to viewing some of its online documentation.
> This is good news!

Thanks!

The significance of SCO's OpenServer and UnixWare operating systems is
that they are the largest installed base of commercial Unix, with
several million copies in use.  "Gemini" is the name of the project to
merge the two (while adding great new features like Lynx! ;-)

SCO's home page is at (surprise!):

  http://www.sco.com/

Two pages beneath that may be of particular interest: a complete set of
SCO OpenServer Release 5 HTML documentation is at:

  http://www2.sco.com:1996/dochome.html

An offer of "Free" ($20 media charge) SCO OpenServer and SCO UnixWare
for people who want to learn Unix, hobbyists, experimenters, etc. is at:

  http://www.sco.com/offers/

[reply direct to me unless it's about Lynx... this is off-topic for
lynx-dev]

>Bela<
;
;